The ALERT 4.0 software can be connected to AVEVA Intouch with different way :
1) Using the AVEVA Intouch connector
1.1) Principle of use of the mediator
The mediator is mainly used to import alarms from a csv file obtained by a dbdump and create a DDE link to the tags in ALERT.
ALERT must be installed on the same computer than AVEVA Intouch to work with the connector.
- Importation of alarms and variables by reading a csv file. (obtained with the dbdump
- DDE Link with AVEVA Intouch (syntax is : VIEW|TAGNAME!alarm name).
- Transmission of alarm's acknowledgements (both ways: from ALERT to AVEVA Intouch and from AVEVA Intouch to ALERT). Connection to the ack alarm's property.
2) Using OI Gateway with AVEVA Intouch and ALERT
2.1) Principle of use of the OI Gateway with ALERT and AVEVA Intouch
The use of OI Gateway (or FS Gategeway) is recommended when you don't want to have a DDE link between ALERT and AVEVA Intouch or when ALERT is not installed on the AVEVA Intouch computer.
In this case, the OI Gateway is installed on the ALERT computer. The OI Gateway is linked to AVEVA Intouch through Suitelink and ALERT is connected to the OI Gateway through OPC.
- Local OPC link between ALERT and the OI Gateway
- Importation of tag s with the import text file module
- Transmission of alarm acknowledgements from AVEVA Intouch to ALERT (link on the property .Acked)
- Alarm acknowledgements from ALERT to AVEVA Intouch do not work. (link on the property .AckMessage).