Alert can be connected to System Platform in 2 way:
1. Using the Aveva System Platform connector (4.0) / m_appserver.dll mediator (3.6)
1.1) Principle of use of the mediator.
The mediator for System Platform uses the MxAccess Object to make the link to the data of System Platform. By default, the connector makes a link to the property .InAlarm for the management of alarms. In such case, depending on options, it also makes a link to the properties .Acked and .AckMsg for the synchronisation of alarm acknowledgements between Alert and System Platform.
It is also possible to create a link to a single variable and define an alarm from this variable in Alert. But in this case, alarm acknowledgements are not synchronised between Alert and System Platform.
For the importation of variables/alarms, the connector uses the GRAccess object.
Alert can be installed on the System Platform computer (on the GRNode) or on another computer.
If Alert is not installed on the same computer, you first have to install the bootstrap on the computer where Alert (and the connector) is installed and the galaxy must be deployed on the computer where Alert is installed. (See the Wonderware documentation on how to configure a remote access link).
1.2) Requirements for the use of the connector
- A viewer license is needed in System Platform to allow the use of the mediator m_appserver.dll. This license can be shared with an IDE Viewer on the same computer.
- Compatible only with System Platform version 2014 more (See Compatibility Alert - Mediator - scada )
- Compatible only with Alert version 3.6 rev 1 or more.
- Alert 4.0 : compatible only with the 32 bits version.
- Importation of alarms and variables by browsing the galaxy
- Link through the MxAccess Object, locally or remotely.
- Transmission of alarm acknowledgements (both ways: from Alert to System Platform and from System Platform to Alert).
- Can only be connected to one galaxy.
2. Using the OI Gateway between System Platform and Alert
Instead of using the System Platform connector, you can also use the OI Gateway to get alarms from System Platform in Alert.
In this case, the best is to install the OI Gateway on the Alert computer. The OI Gateway is linked to System Platform through Suitelink and Alert is connected to the OI Gateway through OPC. It's possible that you need a license in System Platform to deploy the OI Gateway.
- Local OPC DA link between Alert and the OI Gateway
- Importation of tags with the import text file module
- Transmission of alarm acknowledgements from System Platform to Alert
- Alarm acknowledgements from Alert to System Platform do not work.