To ensure communication between ALERT and a smartphone using a Wi-Fi connection, two communication ports must be opened. Refer to the procedure for configuring the firewall(s).
- TCP port: 8123 inbound (or secure port 8124)
- UDP port: 8500 in both directions
Note: the port numbers are arbitrary (8123 and 8500 are the default numbers).
Port 8500 is configured on the smartphone in the Preferences > Notifications tab
When opening the AlertMobile app for the first time, the Alert site must be configured as a Wi-Fi network to which your AlertMobile app will be connected.
A Warning pop-up is displayed in the left-hand window and prompts you to create the Alert site:
- Tap WIFI
- Enter the IP address of the Alert server and choose Secure connection(refer to the section entitled "Configuring the Alert PC") and confirm by tapping the symbol.
- A pop-up is displayed: Waiting for response from the Alert server.
- When the connection is established, the fourth screenshot is displayed without an error pop-up.
To ensure that a connection has been established with the Alert server and to check its availability, exit Preferences by tapping the symbol and select any feature other than Preferences or About.
The green circle associated with the name of the site means that the connection has been established with Alert (below).
This window is displayed when the connection with Alert is lost, especially if the Alert application has been interrupted.