Before installing ALERT components the following system requirements should be checked to ensure they meet the minimum requirements.
- 32 bit processor machines, 2 GHz or greater.
- 64 bit processor machines, 2 GHz or greater.
- 2 GB of RAM is required, at least 4GB is recommended.
Processor and memory considerations:
While a faster processor and more memory will generally always speed up ALERT processing the following considerations should be made.
- Installations that will be handling large data volumes will require more RAM
- Installations that will make extensive use of data lookup will require more RAM.
- Installations that will make extensive use of scripting and calculations will require more ram and processing speed.
- ALERT application installation requires approximately 1GB of disk space.
- ALERT application is working with a resolution minimal of 1024 x 768.
ALERT is compatible with most of common hypervisors:
- VMWare ESX
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Oracle VirtualBox
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 SP1
Note: Check ALERT version and Windows compatibility here : Windows Compatibility
Microsoft windows components:
- ALERT requires Microsoft .NET framework 4.8 or greater to be installed on all clients or servers where it will be run. The installer will check for the required framework and install it if it does not exist. However the framework can be added manually as part of setting up the environment. The latest Microsoft .NET framework may be downloaded from https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download
- ALERT requires also the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribuable which could be downloaded here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
- Microsoft IIS 8.0+ is recommended for machines running either ALERT web client or ALERT web service. The IIS server must be set up to allow the running of .NET applications. The server must also be set up to enable this features : IIS-WebServerRole, IIS-WebServer, IIS-CommonHttpFeatures, IIS-StaticContent, IIS-ApplicationDevelopment, IIS-ISAPIFilter, IIS-ISAPIExtensions, IIS-NetFxExtensibility45, IIS-ASPNET45, IIS-Security, IIS-RequestFiltering, NetFx4, NetFx4Extended-ASPNET45, WCF-Services45, WCF-TCP-PortSharing45.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft Access (32 bits only)
Note: The SQL Server Native Client 10.0 driver is required for the installation of ALERT. The driver is used to connect to the SQL Server as it creates the new database and users or connects to an existing database and user.