The configuration dialog box of the Exchange driver
The detailed description for each section of the driver dialog box
- Global: Timeout for driver requests (the maximum time to wait before going in error state). Enable or disable the grouping of messages in a single call, the Automatic Call Acknowledgement and Traces in Alert log.
- Advanced: In this section, check for using the Autodiscover service or not. If checked, only the Time between Autodiscover requests must be defined. Otherwise the Exchange Server URL have to be entered manually (e.g. https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx).
Since Exchange driver version 22.214.171.124 the method to accept all certificates was implemented, this allows to handle all server certificates, regardless of why they are invalid.
- Exchange Options: In this section the login credentials of the Alert user configured in the
Exchange Server are needed, plus the correct Exchange Version. Here it’s also possible to
specify if a copy of the sent messages on the server should be stored or not. Furthermore, in Activate Message Reception, the periodically check for incoming messages can be set or not.
Since the exchange driver version 126.96.36.199, there are two ways to log on, either by the email address or by domain\username (slash / and \ backslash are allowed).
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- domain\username: intranet\alert
- Received messages: When Activate Message Reception is checked, the Time setting will configure the time period to check new incoming emails on the Exchange Server. Delete after reading, if messages should be deleted after reading. Define which keyword should be used to acknowledge or refuse calls. Also a Message Processor Script that will process incoming messages can be chosen in this section.
- Messages options: Here the format of the messages can be defined plus the usage of attachments.